Commonwealth Bank encourages staff to Give, Choose, Change!
From the judges
Clear program objectives with an interesting strategy to limit to WPG staff and incentivise participation. And a catchy program name!
Results + Features :
- Successful recipient organisations will complete a feedback survey 12 months on from receiving their grant.
- $3,000,000 in grants distributions during the last financial year.
- Grants program was shared widely by recipient organisations, strengthening organisational relationships and improving staff morale
Overview + Highlights :
- The Commonwealth Bank is Australia’s leading provider of integrated financial services, including retail, premium, business and institutional banking, superannuation, insurance, investment and share-broking products and services
- Increasing access to that of previous programs, , all employees, whether WPG participants or not, were able to nominate organisations to receive grants.
- Eligible organisations were then invited to apply for a grant, which were assess by an independent panel of 22 staff across the bank. Criteria was included but not limited to:
- strength of the relationship between organisation and nominating staff member
- the organisation’s impact on the community
- how the funds would be used
- the impact of COVID19 on the organisation
- Staff were included in “cheque presentations” to recipients. Both parties shared information the program in their communications.
- Recipients will complete a feedback survey 12 months on from receiving their grant. The survey will formally capture information about the unique impact the grant had on their organisation.
- Verbatim feedback from staff was captured through ongoing communications, which has been immensely positive.
2022 Australian Workplace Giving Awards
Best Employer Grants Program