Donation Impact Reports – Charity Resource
THE IMPORTANCE OF ‘THANK YOU’
Workplace givers want to know where their money goes and the difference it’s making in the community. Employees not in the program also are interested – which presents a great opportunity to acquire more supporters! For your employer partners, celebrating the donation’s impact has the positive bonus of boosting staff engagement and pride.
To maintain interest and momentum, it’s recommended that you share ‘donation impact reports’ with your employer partners at least twice a year. June and December are ideal months to do this as they are key giving periods.
FOUR STEPS FOR CREATING EFFECTIVE IMPACT REPORTS
- For each employer partner, calculate their total donation (employee contributions plus employer matching if applicable).
- Identify an easily understood outcome for your charity with the amount the employer will donate e.g. re-home 50 cats, plant 120 trees.
- Confirm with your employer on how they would prefer to receive the information e.g. a newsletter article with picture, thank you email from your CEO or a social media post.
- Supply the material as requested!
MAKING THE MOST OF THE PARTNERSHIP
- Share goals of what you hope to achieve through the partnership over the coming year and put some targets against it e.g. “By increasing your WPG participation by 15%, your organisation could fund a new kitchen in our soup van.”
- Provide information on how they can further support your charity, such as upcoming volunteering opportunities or events.
- For your major partners, offer to attend a staff event and deliver the impact report in person. Sharing emotionally engaging stories tailored to their organisation can be particularly effective.